3D ENVIRONMENT ARTIST
AT RELIC ENTERTAINMENT
Do you believe in pushing creative boundaries to set the quality bar within the industry?
Want to hone your skills & learn from some of the best Artists in the biz?
If so, our 3D Environment Artist role on our Age of Empires IV team might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of the award-winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, (and now!) Age of Empires IV and we’re on the hunt for a permanent full-time 3D Environment Artist to work in our Vancouver studio. As a studio, our role is to create a workplace where people are energized and empowered to not only do their best work but to continually surpass their best. We’ll push you out of your comfort zone to become the best version of you by giving you the ownership and creative freedom to solve our most challenging problems.
As a 3D Environment Artist, you will…
- Create both hard surface and organic models, props for set dressing environments.
- Troubleshoot assets to maintain frame rate, memory and design spec while maintaining art vision.
We’re looking for someone who has…
- 3+ years’ experience or at least 1 shipped AAA PC/Console title in games modeling environments using Max, or related experience/software.
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling and texturing.
- Strong artistic ability to visualize assets and detail with minimal concept art and direction.
- Proficient technical ability to manage assets to fit memory, design, and frame rate limits.
- Strong polygonal modeling skills- able to generate clean and efficient models at a very fast pace.
- Self-motivated, savvy, self-critical, self-sufficient - requires minimal direction, with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to manage and organize work until all deadlines are met and able to be flexible when changes happen.
- Great communication skills. Being proactive and collaborative in sharing info, techniques and assets.
- A team-player attitude. Being flexible with new ideas, being open to direction and changes.
- A strong portfolio and/or demo reel that demonstrates modeling and texture skills.
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Experience developing for RTS genre.
- Knowledge of Substance Painter.
- No hard copies please, must submit via the link.
What’s in it for you?
You will become part of the SEGA family (includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios) which means you’ll have an opportunity to work on AAA games and learn a ton. We also offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, retirement savings plan, and support for any required relocation or immigration efforts. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
Please apply through this portal - you'll find the application below! Make sure to tell us a bit about yourself, provide your portfolio details and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our team!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Note: We are currently only able to accept applications from individuals who are legally qualified to work in Canada.