Position at Amplitude Studios
Amplitude is a team of experienced, quality driven video game lovers who want to create the finest strategy games with the help of our players!
Based in Paris and created in 2011, our titles include Endless Space , Dungeon of the Endless , Endless Legend , and Endless Space 2 ; critically acclaimed strategy titles, all set in the Endless Universe.
Our close relationship with the community is for us a core feature of the studio's philosophy. We are, of course, happy that our games have sold well and won awards, but more importantly we're really proud of the way we create games together with our players. Our Games2Gether platform is a great example of this. It enables our community to play a key role in the creation of our games at every stage of development.
We are looking for a VFX Artist to assist with the creation and implementation of real-time visual FX in collaboration with 3D Programmers, artists and other team members, for both our upcoming games and live project.
Specifically, under the supervision of the Lead Artist, you will:
- Turn the Creative Director's vision and concept into high quality VFX while maintaining a coherent art style
- Model, texture, animate, light and optimize VFX assets
- Make sure VFX meet both gameplay & performance expectations
- Create and implement real-time particle effects
- 3 to 5 years of experience in VFX
- Bachelor or Master's degree in relevant field (art, animation, computer science…)
Required skills and profile
- Expert in 3DS Max & Photoshop
- Flexibility and adaptability to fast-paced change
- Capacity to understand and master successfully a new internally-built FX system
- Good understanding of real time VFX techniques & willingness to stay up to date
- Knowledge of shading and lighting for VFX
- Ability to work effectively within a team and interact with a large variety of profiles
- Strong autonomy, attention to details and organizational skills
(Very) Welcome Bonuses!
- Passionate about video games
- Good understanding of Unity, Unreal or an assimilate real-time particle editor