Sports Interactive (SI) is the world's leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series of games. Founded in 1994 and now based in East London's booming technology hub at Here East in Stratford, SI, as a continually successful and profitable company, is now looking to expand its full-time staff as it pushes out across both existing and emerging gaming platforms.
SI's games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with 12 of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time and five in the UK's top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. Sports Interactive became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006.The studio is a vibrant environment, full of talented and dedicated people with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy working within a close-knit team as part of a lively, self-motivated and forward thinking company.
Sports Interactive looks after its staff's well-being with free gym membership, in-house massage therapy, a leading benefits package and a flexible working schedule that make the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work (there are five staff lunchtime football teams and a wide range of regular social events). We're also very proud of having one of the lowest turnovers of staff in the industry. Further information on Sports Interactive and its games is available on the SI website,
Our core technology team are looking for people with a passion for core engine systems in a cross-platform environment.
You are a generalist by nature, with a love for programming and software engineering and an eye for debugging and troubleshooting.
You can work independently to get things done as well as work as part of a team.
You will be joining our dynamic core technology team, reporting into the Technical Director, where you will be maintaining and improving as well as optimising and adding new functionality to all our core systems across multiple platforms. The work we do is fundamental for our games as well as internal and external tools.
- Analyse, identify and fix issues in our platform libraries across five platforms and operating systems.
- Improve and replace existing functionality across our code base.
- Take ownership of areas of code in our shared platform libraries to support and maintain them across all supported platforms.
- Improve tools and workflows.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Considerable C++ knowledge.
- Minimum three years of professional experience using C++ as the main language.
- Experience of cross-platform development (two or more of: Windows, Mac and Linux/Unix) is important.
- Experience of writing core engine systems and shared library code that is used by others is beneficial.
- Experience of developing for iOS or Android is beneficial.
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and portable code.
- A good understanding of performance and optimisation.
- Very good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- Knowledge of other programming and scripting languages.
- Self-motivated with a drive to improve yourself and others continuously.