Principal Engineer - King Platform
We are looking for an experienced Principal Engineer to join our Platform team in Stockholm.
Your role within our Kingdom
You will be a key player in a core technology team which develops the SDK that powers all of the King games, running on more than 200 million devices.
The SDK is the single point of access to all of King's infrastructure and ties in to both internal and external systems. There will be plenty of opportunities to tackle complex problems and work with new technology on multiple platforms.
You are a fast-learner with a positive attitude. Your technical skills are outstanding, and you thrive on complex problems. You set the bar high for everything you do.
You will among other things:
* Architect and develop King's SDK empowering some of the biggest games in the industry
* Ensure alignment with King's vision and quality standards through, for example code and design reviews
* Evaluate new technologies and how they integrate into our evolving platform
* Build prototypes and proof-of-concepts to support technical design and feasibility review
* Be a role model with solid coding skills, an innovative mindset, and the ability to inspire those around you
* Mentor your fellow developers, contributing to an innovative and open culture that thrives on technical excellence
* Understand and be able to explain to non-technical people how the parts of King's tech stack interact and what the implications of technical decisions will be
* Support King's game teams running our services, on-site and remote
Skills to create thrills
* MS in Computer Science or equivalent technical education
* Long-standing software development experience and proven technical mentorship skills
* Fluent in modern C++
* Experience with development and architecture of Game related SDKs and Frameworks
* Professional experience with leading projects/tasks from start to finish
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work effectively in distributed team environments
* Self-starter and proactive
* Experience working with current mobile platforms, including the steps to take an app app/a game to live
* Experience with development on PC and Console platforms
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.