Senior National Account Manager (119094)
Requisition ID 119094 - Posted 04/12/2018 - Regular - Global Publishing - Europe - Sales - Guildford - Surrey - United Kingdom - Europe
Job Description Print Preview
Email Job to Friend
Return to List
We are EA
We’re EA - the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles - FIFA, Star Wars Battlefront, The Sims, Need for Speed, Plants vs Zombies, and Battlefield, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform - from social to mobile to console - to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
The Challenge Ahead
An opportunity has arisen in the UKI Commercial Business Unit as Senior National Account Manager for our strategically important accounts, reporting directly to the UKI Head of Sales. The successful candidate will be from an FMCG or gaming background and looking for an outstanding opportunity for to progress their career within customer management and develop their leadership potential, taking on the responsibility of managing a portfolio worth in excess of £60m at retail sales value.
What a Senior National Account Manager does at EA:
The successful applicant will have full P&L responsibility for Volume, Net Revenue, Gross Profit and Trade investment as well as market share and participation. They will be required to negotiate and execute business plans, manage sales of our EA range, and make investment decisions that drive positive ROI’s in line with EA’s key strategies.
It is essential to pro-actively develop the customer relationship, building the business through the understanding of the sector and offering a data driven strategy to drive sustainable profit growth.
The ideal candidate will be highly numerate with strong analytical skills, have a passion for negotiation, and an outstanding track record of achieving results. Good communication skills will be essential in order to build and develop the customer relationship, whilst the ability to demonstrate complex problem solving will be important to deliver key UKI objectives. Prior account management experience of key strategic accounts is required, ideally across multiple channels such as specialists, and High St; with knowledge and experience in driving digital sales programs with retailers an advantage.
The successful candidate will receive focused training and coaching within role to support their functional and leadership development
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain sound business relationships within the customer organisation.
- Ensure that all customer requirements are swiftly communicated and acted upon.
- Work to achieve Business Unit performance targets and customer profit targets.
- Develop and present Business Plans and supporting strategies (including Retail Marketing programs and investments, promotions and pricing) to their customers.
- Maintain and control sales activity and promotional funds within guidelines and targets.
- Work collaboratively with the Trade Marketing and Product Marketing teams to ensure comprehensive product knowledge and understanding of Product Marketing Plans in order to build plans and maximise opportunities with their customers.
- Design and deliver creative sales presentations incorporating category analysis and business plan consequences.
The next great Senior National Account Manager also needs:
- Graduate calibre or equivalent required.
- Proven track record of Senior National Accounts experience, ideally FMCG or video gaming environment.
- Experience of negotiating and communicating within a retailer environment
- Experience of sales forecasting and profit modelling.
- Knowledge of category, shopper and consumer data sources desirable.
- Broader experience in Category Management or marketing will be advantageous.
- Demonstration of strong commercial awareness and judgment.
- Customer Focused: Able to build effective customer relationships and respond to customer needs quickly. Develops strategic partnerships and sets and monitors internal and external service standards.
- Collaborative: Able to work well as part of a team and liaise successfully with sales, retail marketing and marketing colleagues across all levels of the business.
- Proactive: A positive, enthusiastic and motivated individual able to work on their own initiative.
- Communicator: Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels internally and with the customer.
- Professional: Able to represent EA to the high standard customers have come to expect, operates with integrity and is commercially aware.
- Analytical: Demonstrates a problem solving approach but broad thinking and detail oriented
- Organised: Effectively priorities actions and manages deadlines.
- Leader: Can make tough decisions and act on them when necessary, leads by example, ready to step up and take on additional responsibilities when required.
It’s not easy building the world’s best digital playground. It’s hair-standing-on-end exhilarating. It’s down-in-the-trenches challenging. It’s stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It’s you—taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: play. In an industry that’s changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you’re reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus scheme
- Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym
- Employee discounts
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- Brand new onsite café
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer & Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games Area