Junior Data Engineer
King is the worldwide leader in mobile gaming, with more than 2 billion USD in yearly revenue and 340 million monthly active users thanks to brands like Candy Crush Saga.
With a Hadoop cluster counting 14 Petabytes of data, 16 Terabytes of memory and over 4000 CPU cores and 300 nodes, an Exasol cluster of 64 nodes, 32 Terabytes of RAM and dozens of billion events generated every day, data at King is in the heart of the business.
The Data Analytics organisation at King - split across Barcelona, London and Stockholm - is responsible for processing all the data we receive each day and to use it to drive all of King's data and analytics needs.
You will be part of the Network Insights team, in charge of providing data products and services to the CRM and Kingdom teams. You will help developing new features and products, as well as maintaining the existing ones, working in close collaboration with our users and your colleagues in a fast evolving and agile environment.
Your role within our Kingdom
* You will engage directly with our stakeholders to understand the way they work and their problems
* You will work in a highly collaborative team to devise solutions to business problems, bringing your skills and ideas into every discussion
* You will contribute to the solutions at the backend of the data stack, from the ETL to the reports and dashboards
* You'll take ownership and responsibility for the quality of the solutions, testing them and ensuring best practices are used throughout the development process, - particularly with regard to self-explanatory code, maintainability and scalability
* You'll learn new technical skills when needed and use them to help the team achieve success
* You will collaborate with other teams within the Data Analytics organisation to ensure the consistent and coherent growth of our data capabilities
Skills to create thrills
* 1 year SQL development
* Some experience building data pipelines and schedules
* Ability to translate business needs into technical specifications
* Ability to analyse and understand data and the relationships within
* Highly collaborative work style
* Curious and inquisitive mind-set
* Willing to step outside your comfort zone to broaden your skills and learn new technologies.
* Experience working in an Agile workplace Exposure to Big Data technologies (e.g Hadoop, BigQuery, Impala)
* Familiar with different data modelling techniques (e.g Star schemas, 3NF)
* Integrating 3rd party data sources using APIs
* Experience working with Google Cloud Platform
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.