Senior UI/UX Designer - Midcore
We are looking for a talented UI/UX Designer to join our San Francisco studio.
Your role within our Kingdom
You will join a new but growing studio to create interfaces for a prototype midcore game, then continue the journey through launch and beyond. The role is very versatile, and you should prepare to take on many different kinds of tasks, ranging from creative challenges to mass production for a worldwide market. You will work closely with other artists, producers, game designers and developers as part of an experienced team, where your team contribution will help shape the next generation of King games.
Skills to create thrills
* A creative person with a passion for competitive or role-playing games.
* Previous experience creating mobile games
* Knowledge of and an interest in usability and freemium best-practices
* Ability to create functional interactive UX prototyping (such as  proto.io)
* Ability to implement and rapidly iterate in-engine (such as Unity)
* Ability to create polished, visually appealing, user-friendly, consistent and distinct user interface art assets (e.g. menus, buttons, icons and animation etc.)
* Have worked with and have good knowledge about UCD methodologies
* Used to take on projects from a very early stage, from written brief to final production
A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skill is required.
* Experience with core gameplay visualizations and movement
* Ability to create polished, visually appealing, user friendly, consistent and distinct user interface art assets (e.g. menus, buttons, icons and animation etc.)
* Knowledge of technical constraints, optimization and implementation
* Ability to implement in a game engine (such as in Unity)
* Skills in animation and special effects
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in San Francisco
It's a small team out on the West Coast, but when it comes to platform partnerships, it's an invaluable one. With its mild climate, stunning scenery and cosmopolitan character, San Francisco is one of North Americas most beautiful and exciting cities. You'll find our studio within striking distance of the AT&T stadium and only a short tram ride away from the heart of the city.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.