Full Stack Live Developer
We're looking for a game developer who isn't afraid of learning new technologies and working across disciplines to deliver new features in a live environment to keep our players coming back every day.
Your role within our Kingdom
Can you do it all? We're looking for an engineer who is comfortable working on game features, maintaining and improving the content pipeline, observing live data, and deploying servers. You'll be collaborating with and learning from gameplay engineers, backend engineers, data scientists, designers, and artists while touching a bit of everything. Your responsibilities include:
* Writing frontend and backend code simultaneously with our shared Lua system
* Working with our on-site DevOps team to ensure deployments go smoothly
* Monitoring the health and performance of features once they go live
* Making tweaks to our tools, content pipeline, and test infrastructure as necessary to maximize our ability to deliver features and content to players
* Helping gameplay engineers author features so that they can be rapidly tested, tweaked and improved in our live environment
* Maintaining a high quality bar and keeping a players first\" mentality"
Skills to create thrills
* Backend game development experience
* Some C++ game development experience
* Live environment experience
* Capable of owning a feature end to end while seeking help when you need it
* Possess a high sense of quality and polish and pride in the work you deliver
* Test driven development experience
* DevOps or AWS experience
* Android or iOS experience
* Flash experience
* Deep knowledge in one non-gameplay programming area: backend, graphics, etc.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in Seattle
Surrounded by oceans, mountains and forests, Seattle strikes the perfect balance between culture and adventure. The buzzing, tech-focused city is also home to innovative games studio Z2 - part of the King family. Non-Seattleites needn't worry. Despite the rumours, it's really not that rainy. Seattle usually receives less rainfall than New York and Chicago. Usually.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.