Position at Amplitude Studios
Amplitude is a team of experienced, qualitydriven video game lovers who want to create the finest strategy games with the help of our players!
Based in Paris and created in 2011, our titles include Endless Space , Dungeon of the Endless , Endless Legend , and Endless Space 2 ; critically acclaimed strategy titles, all set in the Endless Universe.
Our close relationship with the community is for us a core feature of the studio's philosophy. We are, of course, happy that our games have sold well and won awards, but more importantly we're really proud of the way we create games together with our players. Our Games2Gether platform is a great example of this. It enables our community to play a key role in the creation of our games at every stage of development. Promoting these values will be key to the success of any community developer joining the team!
The community development intern is responsible for listening to, growing, and maintaining Amplitude's community across all titles. A successful candidate will be a comfortable and gracious communicator who can move quickly to respond to and exceed community needs and expectations. This can include:
- Acting as the official voice of Amplitude and its games when responding to player inquiries and discussions on Games2gether and Steam
- Collecting and organizing community feedback to transmit to the production team
- Being able to rapidly identify conversations that need escalation to managers or production
- Identifying and elevating influencers within the community
- Creating and posting original content with the guidance of the Senior Community Developer and the Communication Manager
- Finding creative ways to motivate community members to connect to the game (competitions, mailings, testing, prizes, etc.) external parties)
Skills and Experience
- Fully fluent in English, both written and orally
- Extensive use and understanding of social media
- Be user-focused with excellent communication skills, as you will need to write public releases for our community
- Excellent motivation and relationship management skills, including the ability to get along with a variety of people and be a friendly, collaborative and assertive ambassador for our games
- Strong project management and planning skills: you are able to prioritize and organize your workload according to the need of your audience
- Ability to work effectively within a team while taking on a proactive attitude to spot opportunities or potential issues ahead of time and propose appropriate solutions
- Strong attention to details, as your communication to the community will shape Amplitude's image for its players
- Passionate about video games or at least willing to learn about the gaming industry
- Curiosity, willingness to learn, enthusiasm and humor are absolute pluses of course!
Useful skills and abilities:
- Familiarity with forum management tools
- Mastery of MS Office suite, Photoshop or other image editing software