This is an amazing opportunity for Trainee Designer to join our console development team to join the team working on our new undisclosed new IP.
You will have the opportunity to develop your design skills on this unique opportunity and work as part of a world class team.
As a trainee designer on the project, you will have a variety of duties including hands-on implementation of game features, writing design documentation, tuning game balance, generating new gameplay ideas and briefing programmers, artists and sound designers.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Passion for game design
- Ability to analyse and evaluate large volumes of information and make decisions based on this analysis
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, both in writing and verbal
- Ability to process design feedback and iterate game features to a high level of quality
- Willingness to learn new technical skills and apply them to create game content
- Excellent academic background, ideally at degree level
- Experience of the modern game engines, such as Unity
- Experience of visual scripting
- MS Office skills, particularly Excel
The traineeship will be for one year onsite at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
These traineeships are paid placements and all applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please ensure you provide a portfolio of your work along with your application
We are Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria.
We have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years - from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team - creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.