Our multi-award winning Total War team is looking for passionate Animators to join them as a trainee.
As an Animation Trainee, you will develop your animation skills on our current Total War projects with the opportunity to gain insight on content from beginning to completion.
You will create in-game animations from concept to polished animations working in-game and everything in between. Work closely with your animation supervisor, you will learn to work within set time constraints and to hit the quality benchmark. You will implement feedback as appropriate
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- A demoreel showing an understanding of core animation principles. Your reel should include some locomotion and action pieces. Storytelling/acting pieces are also of interest
- Working knowledge of Maya or similar
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Some exposure to motion capture, and willingness to working with and learn about motion capture
- Some knowledge of rigging and skinning
- Understanding of the interplay between game mechanics and animation
The traineeships will run for one year onsite at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
These traineeships are paid placements and all applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please ensure you provide a portfolio along with your application.
We are Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria.
We have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years - from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team - creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.