Our vision is to be on everyone's home screen. We want to establish market leadership in story-driven casual games and create joyful everyday experiences for our players.
As our next Game Writer, you are skilled at building worlds, creating exciting story hooks, and bringing memorable characters to life in concise, clear, characterful dialogue. You can work with artists and narrative designers to ensure that the game's narrative vision is carried through the game. You understand your audience and can put on your "player hat" to ensure the story remains entertaining. You understand the limits and are excited by the opportunities of storytelling in the free-to-play space.
What you'll be doing
- Help design and tell serialized, character-driven stories using free-to-play game mechanics
- Collaborate with the team on worldbuilding and character creation
- Write dialogue and other in-game texts
- Give and receive feedback in a writers' room setting
- Champion the game's story vision
- Give input on art and story-related features
- Play competitors' games and look for new storytelling techniques & opportunities
Who we are looking for
- Experience working as a professional writer, telling stories
- Native English skill
- Interest in video game storytelling
- Experience writing for games is a plus
- Experience working in a writers' room is a plus
Want to apply?
Please make sure to submit a CV, cover letter, and writing sample for our interview committee to review!
What we offer you
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts working on crafting the world's best games!
- Work just minutes from the center of Europe's most vibrant city, have a nap in one of our sleeping pods or brush up your console games skills - enjoy our unique office space!
- Extensive relocation and visa support to make your and your loved ones' move to Berlin as smooth as possible
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meetups, talks, brown bag lunches, world cafe's, internal trainings, workshops and many others
- Did you know that German Is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other!
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success
- As much coffee, drinks, and fruits as you can handle
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences.