We are looking for someone with a strong engineering background who enjoys building high-quality products used by millions.
Our Backend Engineering team is responsible for providing the tools and services we use to build and operate all our games. We strive to improve the game development speed and remove the need for dedicated game backends. Specific language experience is less important to us than bringing on someone with a desire to learn and the ability to solve problems.
As a senior team member you will:
- Write, maintain, run and operate HTTP APIs
- Manage, extend and improve our infrastructure
- Support our game teams with using our services and building new features
- Make sure that our services stay up. That means being prepared for on call shifts
A senior backend engineer at Wooga enjoys a lot of freedom in decision making and is entrusted with the responsibility that the systems run smoothly and reliably. We strive to be fast and independent learners who adapt quickly to changes in requirements. With broad technical knowledge from HTTP, to distributed and scalable systems, to server administration: we make sure our game teams can count on us to build and run the services they need.
Who we are looking for
- You have several years of backend engineering experience, ideally within the games industry
- You have previously worked in an environment requiring you to collaborate on projects with both technical and non-technical teams
- You are highly proficient in multiple programming languages
- Learning new things on your own is something you enjoy doing
- It's a plus if you have either mentored other backend engineers in the past or have a desire to do so in your next role
- You are good at working with both operating systems and distributed systems
- Your written and spoken English is good - no German skills are required for the job, but we will help you learn if you want!
Bonus points for having experience with the following technologies:
- AWS Services
- Elixir, Erlang and Ruby
- Amazon EC2 Container Service
Why join us
- Work in a small, autonomous team with a high degree of creative freedom.
- Collaborative and open company culture dedicated to making world-class games.
- Talented, inspiring colleagues from all over the world.
- Located in Europe's most creative city with low cost of living and high quality of life. We offer a generous and holistic relocation package if you are not already located in Berlin!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences.