We are looking for someone with a strong engineering background and an even stronger willingness to develop professionally to join our backend engineering team.
Our Backend Engineering team is responsible for providing the tools and services we use to build and operate all our games, which are enjoyed by millions of users per month. We strive to improve the game development speed and remove the need for dedicated game backends. Specific language experience is less important to us than bringing on someone with a desire to learn and the ability to solve problems.
As a team member you will:
- Write, maintain, run and operate HTTP APIs
- Manage, extend and improve our infrastructure
- Support our game teams with using our services and building new features
- Make sure that our services stay up. That means being prepared for on-call shifts
There are plenty of opportunities to learn and develop your backend engineering skills here at Wooga. You will be a part of a team rich with decades of engineering experience both in and out of the games industry. We strive to be fast and independent learners who adapt quickly to changes in requirements. With broad technical knowledge from HTTP, to distributed and scalable systems, to server administration: we make sure our game teams can count on us to build and run the services they need.
Who we are looking for
- You have initial professional experience as a backend engineer (it's a huge plus if you have games industry experience!)
- You enjoy tackling problems independently and are a self-learner (we would love to see passion projects or involvement in extracurricular organizations on your CV)
- You are highly proficient with at least one programming language
- You enjoy working collaboratively with technical and non-technical team members
- Your English (both written and spoken) is good - no German skills are required, but we will help you learn if you're keen!
Bonus points for having experience with the following technologies:
- AWS Services
- Elixir, Erlang and Ruby
- Amazon EC2 Container Service
Why join us
- Work in a small, autonomous team with high degree of creative freedom.
- We are absolutely committed to ensuring you continue to grow professionally and will support you via day-to-day mentorship and a yearly Education Budget
- Collaborative and open company culture dedicated to making world-class games.
- Located in Europe's most creative city with low cost of living and high quality of life with relocation support if you are not currently located in Berlin!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences.