Principal/ Lead Designer - Mobile FPS
We are looking for an experienced and driven Principal Game Designer to join our new team in Stockholm. You will work in a small, dynamic game team with the mission to create an awesome new FPS for mobile.
Your role within our Kingdom
If you want to create entertainment for millions of players to enjoy on the go, then this is the right job for you. Join a highly agile and iterative game team of producers, artists, scrum masters and developers, working alongside business performance, player insight and of course brand.
As Principal Designer, you will own the overall design vision for one of our prototypes and be the go-to game expert both within your function and across other crafts. You are passionate about games, able to work in a flexible and fast-changing environment and eager to represent the game's design team within the broader studio.
On a daily basis, you'll generate and share game ideas with designers, developers and artists, and help creatively focus the team to make a great mobile game.
Skills to Create Thrills
You are passionate about the industry, curious about all things gaming, follow trends of top selling and top grossing games. Throughout your career, you will have taken several games all the way from concept development through to delivery and release, at least one of them on mobile. Additionally, you've had the opportunity to produce and maintain a full game vision.You are driven by knowing what makes players tick, but you also know how to leverage data insights to shape a successful game.
You enjoy working in a team and are a skilled communicator. Your creative work, as well as your way of giving feedback, are supported by solid critical thinking and an analytical approach. You can identify unexpected opportunities and don't mind changing directions while looking for unique experiences.
Other Skills Include
* You're familiar with all processes involved in the production of a game and with Agile practices
* You have comprehensive knowledge of game design theory and bring experience designing social games and game reward systems
* You're skilled at using models and tools to analyse game play and user behaviour
* You have a player-centric approach creating seamless, high-quality onboarding experiences
* You strive to create extraordinary experiences for players by exploring the psychological models that drive engagement in-depth
* You understand balancing of complex game systems
* As a Principal Designer, you have proven influencing skills and the ability to engage and inspire a very broad set of stakeholders, both within and outside game teams
Tasty Bonus Skills
* You have shipped midcore games on either console or mobile
* You are familiar with psychological models concerning player engagement
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you're from, it's all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players. That's why we hire all sorts of talent - because a great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Want to join our Kingdom?
People come from all over the world to work with us, and we want every single one of them to feel at home. To do so, we help you out as much as we can with our relocation package. This includes full visa sponsorship for you and any family member moving with you, covering your journey out here, the cost of shipping your gadgets or helping you with estate agents. See more about our relocation process at: https://jobs.king.com/benefits#relocation
Please apply in English and don't forget to share your portfolio with us.