UI Artist Intern
We are looking for an exceptionally skilled UI Artist Intern to join our growing San Francisco team for our summer internship, working on a new series of exciting and innovative mobile games.
Your role within our Kingdom
You will work closely with the game designer, art director, UX lead and other talented artists. Bring your passion for world-class game UI, and we'll immerse you a fun work environment, with a team of experienced colleagues big on collaboration, agility and working fast as we craft the next generation of social games.
Skills to create thrills
* You are a very creative person with a passion for games.
* You have skills, knowledge, and interest in User Interface design for mobile games.
* You also have a proven track record of creating appealing game art, with an eye for great graphic design.
* You are comfortable with using the Adobe CS package to create gameplay art (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
* You either have a degree or are pursuing a degree in Game Art or equivalent.
* You have good communication and organizational skills, and are comfortable brainstorming, giving/receiving feedback, presenting your work and evangelizing your point of view.
* You are comfortable with implementing assets into a game engine or are eager to learn.
A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skill is required. Please Provide a link to your online Portfolio or attach a PDF to your application.
* Experience from working in a collaborative project environment.
* Experience creating or prototyping mobile and/or Facebook games.
* Experience using wire-framing programs such as Sketch
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in San Francisco
It's a small team out on the West Coast, but when it comes to platform partnerships, it's an invaluable one. With its mild climate, stunning scenery and cosmopolitan character, San Francisco is one of North Americas most beautiful and exciting cities. You'll find our studio within striking distance of the AT&T stadium and only a short tram ride away from the heart of the city.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.