We're building graphically astounding 3D mid-core titles with deep, modular content pipelines and we need a talented Technical Artist who can both push our tools forward and design end to end workflows to realize our artistic vision.
Your role within our Kingdom
You will work closely with Artists, Producers, Game Designers and Developers as part of an experienced team where both your technical skills and creative vision will help shape the next generation of King games. You will also be part of the wider Technical Art Community at King, a unique environment where we share and support each other to achieve our full potential.
If you want to work in small dynamic teams and still have access to a strong network of like-minded friends, we can offer you a fantastic opportunity for growth.
Skills to create thrills
* Strong Maya proficiency and a deep understanding of rigging and art creation workflows
* Experience creating tools and workflow scripts in Maya using PyMel or Python
* Deep understanding of content pipelines for games
* Forward-thinking asset organization skills
* Proven track record of both artistic and technical creativity with a passion for solving problems
* Understanding of shader creation and maintenance
* Performance and memory asset optimization experience
* Passion and drive to push visual quality, streamline workflows and assist in managing and organizing game assets
* A proactive and cross-disciplinary communicator, willing to give and receive constructive feedback
* Experience with Unity
* Understanding of at least one shading language
* Experience with procedural or modular content pipelines
* You have shipped a mobile game in the past
* Experienced in working in an Agile / Scrum environment
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in Seattle
Surrounded by oceans, mountains and forests, Seattle strikes the perfect balance between culture and adventure. The buzzing, tech-focused city is also home to innovative games studio Z2 - part of the King family. Non-Seattleites needn't worry. Despite the rumours, it's really not that rainy. Seattle usually receives less rainfall than New York and Chicago. Usually.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.