Senior Data Scientist - Ads
King (a part of Activision-Blizzard) is increasing its team to introduce innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our huge audience of highly-engaged players, and to create powerful marketing solutions embraced by the world's biggest marketers. King is seeking a talented and creative Data Scientist interested in driving business decisions by understanding advertising performance within the gaming industry.
Your role within our Kingdom
* Providing accurate data, insights and analysis for decision makers and stakeholders
* Designing, implementing, and analysing multivariate tests using relevant statistical methods
* Looking at ads from a network perspective, helping to drive a consistent approach within games teams and getting new teams up to speed
* Presenting and visualising results in a clear and concise way to senior management for decision making
* Analysing ads as a part of a larger ecosystem
Skills to create thrills
* Capacity to deeply understand the problems the business wants to solve and define the right data-driven approach. Understanding of A/B tests a plus.
* Working with the product team to identify opportunities to optimize the ad experience and its effect on players
* Be a subject matter expert and analysis lead for ads products, helping game teams improve their analysis and use of ads as a revenue source
* Identify and disseminate best practices across Business Performance groups in terms of ads-related tools, systems and processes
* Identify new levers to move key business metrics
* Working alongside other highly skilled Data Scientists and Business Analysts, you'll be strategic in outlook and highly analytical in delivery with responsibility for using data to ensure we make the right business decisions
* Ad-hoc analysis - assist and resolve requests from the business (i.e. analyzing A/B tests, strange player behaviour, etc.)
* Create reports and dashboards that allow the advertising team to understand and optimize our advertising initiative using tools such as Python, R and Looker
* Ability to analyze huge volumes of data from our advertising activities, by writing complex SQL queries and using tools such as Hive, Impala and Hadoop
* Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast paced, rapidly changing and collaborative environment, while communicating effectively with teams and individuals across King.
* The ability to write complex SQL queries and work effectively with both Hive/Impala
* Ability to identify the appropriate statistical techniques to use in different circumstances
* Able to develop good ways of communicating, visualising or reporting your results/analysis so they are clear and unambiguous. This will include building reports and presenting the results of your analysis using tools such as Looker, Qlik Sense and others
* An interest in and understanding of coding a plus
* BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.