Product Data Scientist
Activision Blizzard Media is a young and rapidly growing business that has been created to connect advertisers with our 195M + global consumer base. This thriving start-up effort, which is currently embedded in the business unit of King (the makers of the # 1 mobile game Candy Crush Saga) is rapidly scaling and is poised to become one of the largest advertising companies in the world.
The business has been focusing on the introduction of premium, innovative advertising experiences to King's 195+ M casual gaming players. Looking ahead, we are planning the launch of advertising across the rest of the Activision Blizzard portfolio including high growth areas like eSports. This is a really exciting time to join this growing business.
King is seeking a talented and creative Data Scientist interested in driving business decisions by understanding advertising performance within the gaming industry.
* Understand the business context behind our product developments so that you can establish and track the right KPIs that enable us to answer our most critical business questions
* Design, execute, and interpret experiments run by the ads business to understand their impact on both monetization and player experience
* Partner closely with Product and Engineering to ensure that new product features are instrumented in such a way that we can answer the key business questions
* Provide guidance regarding the product roadmap based on the insights gleaned from having a deep understanding of our products and their data
* Share your insights in a manner that compels leadership to take action
* Make the information our stakeholders need regularly available in a timely and efficient way so we can continue to unearth new insights
Skills to create thrills
* Experience with A/B testing and an understanding of the statistical concepts associated with experimentation
* Strong familiarity with building pipelines in SQL and experience with a language such as Python so that you can automate away the repetitive stuff
* Willingness to take initiative and learn new concepts and technologies - we don't expect you to have experience with everything but having the ability to quickly grasp something new is vital
* Experience with creating data visualizations with tools such as Tableau, Looker, and Superset and bonus points for experience with programmatic tools for visualization such as Plotly so that we can efficiently serve up the right information to our stakeholders
* Understanding of how software is built. . .you're not necessarily an engineer but you're comfortable talking with engineers about how products are built as we figure out how to track new features
* Ability to deal with ambiguity so that you identify and solve the right problems
* Ability to articulate your findings in a clear and compelling manner to technical and non-technical audiences so that your work changes the trajectory of our business
* Experience in the ads or gaming space
* Familiarity with cloud platforms such as GCP or AWS
* Prior experience with source control tools such as git
* Experience with ML techniques and predictive modeling
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.