Head of Data and Analytics, Advertising
King (a part of Activision-Blizzard) is building a team to introduce innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our huge audience of highly-engaged players embraced by the world's biggest marketers. King is seeking a highly motivated Head of Data and Analytics focusing on Advertising Business Performance to make an immediate impact on the advertising business unit's ability to execute on its business strategy.
You are a self-starter who thrives in a fun, but results-oriented work environment, passionate about problem-solving, and enjoy working on a wide variety of projects. The right candidate is able to rapidly translate business goals into the analytics processes needed to achieve those goals. You will be based in San Francisco and report into the VP of Ads Product, but will work alongside your key leadership partners globally, whilst also supporting President of Ads in growing the business within the Activision-Blizzard group and beyond.
Your role within our Kingdom
* Define and lead the long-term strategy for analytics support, execution and the development of scalable and effective teams in Europe and the US that provide data-driven insights and recommendations to optimize Ads monetization across all operating divisions
* Apply descriptive analytics to analyze data and validate assumptions as well as monitoring data to recognize patterns, providing summarized results to key stakeholders.
* Lead the effort building automated client-facing external reporting for campaigns, as well as all the internal analytics reporting showing the health of the business - batch as well as real-time. Both by coordinating the efforts of existing teams outside of the Ads department as well as staff and coach the function within Ads
* Manage a complex network of respective division's stakeholders and partners, with game/product BPUs, central tech, platforms, the CRM department, central BP functions and legal - positioning the Ads Data & Analytics function as a trusted CoE for ads monetization
* Establish a strategy, architecture, and operational plan -- and execute against it -- to develop a robust competency and capability in user profile development, static- and dynamic campaign targeting, measurement and use of real-time data feeds to give the players an enjoyable Ads experience while also maximum revenue
* Significantly contribute to the development and execution of the yield maximization strategy including, strategic and tactical pricing frameworks, inventory management strategies and channel strategies
* Lead the Player insights data retrieval, and work with engineering to build a database with demographics-, behavioral- and other profiling data, and integrate it with real-time systems to enable dynamic customization of the ads products
* Track and analyse marketplace and competitive dynamics and technological and regulatory development to deliver actionable recommendations to product- and sales leadership
* Build and lead world-class teams of Data Scientists, Data Analysts and Program Managers in Europe and US to provide proactive analytics covering all aspects of the impact of advertising at King and other entities while globally fostering a collaborative high-performance culture
* Directly lead and execute operational efforts as teams are hired and scalable strategies and processes are defined and put in place
Skills to create thrills
* A minimum of 10 years' experience in data analysis and statistical modeling, ideally in the online advertising industry
* Games industry experience is a strong plus
* Experience writing complex SQL queries, knowledge of scripting languages such as Python and experience working with data visualization tools like Looker. Knowledge of Google BigQuery and predictive modeling is a plus.
* Superb analytical skills with an ability to operate creatively and independently and provide recommendations on key business decisions
* Demonstrated leadership skills, especially ability to influence and lead change in cross-functional team
* Previous success leading start-up\" efforts within an established organization
* Outstanding team management capabilities, fostering a team that feels energized, empowered, and supported while delivering against high expectations
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to prepare clear and concise external-facing documents
* Bachelor's degree in mathematics, finance, computer science, statistics, MIS or equivalent experience preferred. Masters degree is a plus."
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.