We aim to make the best F2P mobile games in the world.
The Lead designer is a primary visionary of our products. You understand how F2P games function as a service and what drives player motivations to engage. You work with the Project Manager to design and develop elegant and balanced features. You understand all aspects of mobile F2P product design and economy and are able to provide constant data supported recommendations on feature design and tuning.
Being a Lead designer involves both high level design and heads-down implementation of gameplay features. Areas of focus include establishment of gameplay pillars, economy design, tuning, pacing and scripting. Specific areas of ownership are defined for each individual and may vary depending on the needs of the project.
Your role within our Kingdom
Skills to create thrills
* You have taken several games all the way from concept development through to delivery.
* You will have released several games, at least one on a mobile device
* You have experience producing and maintain a game design vision
* You have a very good understanding of F2P mobile game development, including live development
* You are comfortable with taking ownership and leading teams
* You're skilled at using models and tools to analyse gameplay and user behaviour.
* You follow trends of top selling and top grossing games
* You are an excellent communicator and collaborator
* You create clear, concise and engaging design documentation of game features and vision
* You can jump in and own direct implementation of core gameplay systems
* You can speak to all aspects of game design principles, the game industry and its products.
* You are an excellent communicator and collaborator with programmers, artists, and other designers
* You have experience mentoring or coaching junior designers
Game systems and AI programming experience a big plus!
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in Seattle
Surrounded by oceans, mountains and forests, Seattle strikes the perfect balance between culture and adventure. The buzzing, tech-focused city is also home to innovative games studio Z2 - part of the King family. Non-Seattleites needn't worry. Despite the rumours, it's really not that rainy. Seattle usually receives less rainfall than New York and Chicago. Usually.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.