Principal Software Engineer
King San Francisco is looking for passionate, game and technology industry veterans to help us deliver new entertainment franchises around the globe. This is a rare opportunity to join a creatively driven team of people, develop exciting new projects, and take advantage of the newest technology available. Join the team driving new genre-defining mobile games that sets the standard for entertainment around the world.
Your role within our Kingdom
Must have a strong background in software engineering for games. We're looking for someone to create and implement strong scalable code that is the foundation for world-class gameplay, including properly integrating first and third party APIs as appropriate. The ideal candidate has strong communication skills and is self-motivated, understands first party development, enjoys collaborating with internal and external partners, and has a track record for delivering high quality software.
Candidates are not required to manage individuals but are expected to lead code development for large areas of the game.
A qualified applicant must have five or more years of experience with C++/Unity, experience shipping multiple games as services, including at least 2 mobile or PC titles, and demonstrate strong technical skills with game engine systems and engineering.
Skills to create thrills
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent work experience
* 5+ years professional development experience in C/C++, and Unity
* Hands-on experience shipping multiple titles
* Strong history of working closely with other disciplines
* Strong creative problem solving and algorithm development skills
* Self-motivated and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to do some travel both domestically and internationally
* Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
* Demonstrated experience with modern game engines such as Unity, Unreal, or equivalent
* Full stack experience
* Experience operating live games
* Build/test infrastructure and content pipeline experience
* Working understanding of mobile/business KPIs
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in San Francisco
It's a small team out on the West Coast, but when it comes to platform partnerships, it's an invaluable one. With its mild climate, stunning scenery and cosmopolitan character, San Francisco is one of North Americas most beautiful and exciting cities. You'll find our studio within striking distance of the AT&T stadium and only a short tram ride away from the heart of the city.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.