Technical Director - King SDK
We are looking for a Technical Director to our King SDK team. You will be a key player in a core technology team which develops the SDK that powers all of the King games, running on more than 200 million devices. The SDK is the single point of access to all of King's infrastructure and ties in to both internal and external systems. There will be plenty of opportunities to tackle complex problems and work with new technology on multiple platforms.
Your role within our Kingdom
You will among other things:
* Be responsible for defining, agreeing and implementing the technical roadmap for the SDK
* Assess technical risk and mitigation plans; involved in incident management
* Articulate and drive key technical decisions, inside your team and with external stakeholders
* Understand our technical debt and prioritize its backlog
* Be responsible for technical leadership for the SDK, making sure the SDK adopts the best-fit technology aligned with Kings overall technical strategy
* Work closely with our Product Owners and tech leaders
* Champion, and coach the teams in using, modern development practices: Code reviews, pair programming, clean code, test automation, refactoring and sustainable management of technical debt
* Work with the King technology stack in mind, collaborate with the other TDs on the greater good
* Be a technical point of contact; represent the SDK on technical matters
* Bring industry knowledge of best practice to the teams to aid productivity and quality
* Evaluate new technologies and how they integrate into our evolving platform
* Understand, prioritise and surface technical concerns from the development teams
* Understand and be able to explain to non-technical people how the parts of King's tech stack interact and what the implications of technical decisions will be
Skills to create thrills
As a person, you are an exceptional team player, with coaching skills combined with passion for software development and quality. You thrive in a flexible and fluid environment where the job will evolve over time. You put quality first in your work and are able to guide the dev teams in the same direction. Your technical skills are outstanding, and you thrive on complex problems.
* MS in Computer Science or equivalent technical education
* Long experience on software development and previous tech leadership experience
* A successful track record of development and architecture of Game related SDKs and Frameworks
* Understand the domain of building software for other developers
* Solid C++ and mobile experience. We expect you to be working hands on with the teams on occasion to keep in touch with the code base
* Professional experience with leading projects from start to finish
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work effectively in distributed team environments
* Self-starter and proactive
* Experience working with current mobile platforms, including the steps to take an app app/a game to live
* Experience with development on PC and Console platforms
* Knowledge of the software, tools and methods involved in developing commercially successful games
* Previous experience creating casual and/or mobile games.
* Experience working in agile project environments.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.