Senior System and Economy Designer (m/f)
We are looking for an exceptionally skilled Senior Systems and Economy Designer for our Stockholm office. If you are a skilled economy and system designer and you want to support the development of some of the key new games in development at King, this is the right job for you.
Your role within our Kingdom
You will work in Stockholm and support game teams on system and economy design and balancing. Your main responsibilities will include:
* Work on one main game at a time, supporting the Senior Creative Leader in building the best systems and economy to deliver the desired player experience and business outcomes.
* Ensure the economy design has enough monetization depth and take into account the team's content production speed.
* Coach junior game economy designers and game balancers on their work on other games.
* Be on top of industry trends and the competitor landscape for the key titles in the studio.
Skills to create thrills
* Passionate about games and game economies in particular.
* Demonstrated experience in building and balancing game systems and economies.
* Worked on games in development as well as live games.
* Highly analytical, skilled at building models and tools to simulate and analyse game economy and player behaviour. Proficient with some scripting or programming language (Python a plus). Good statistical skills a plus
* You have interest and capabilities to coach more junior designers.
* You are a team player, comfortable working with designers and business performance professionals from a wide range of backgrounds.
* Able to clearly document game design concepts and articulate them effectively to stakeholders at all levels.
* You are able to work in a flexible and fluid environment where your role will evolve in line with the ongoing plans for development within King.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in Stockholm
The location of our first studio and the birthplace of Candy Crush Saga, Stockholm - with all its urban delights and open spaces - holds a special place in our hearts. Built over 14 islands, it's one of the world's most unique and beautiful capital cities. With King based right in the centre, it'll yours to enjoy and explore.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.