HRC Recruitment is currently working alongside a Game Studio based in Dundee who is looking to expand their team by hiring a Concept Artist.
As a concept artist, you will be working closely with the Art Director and Art leads to create engaging visual designs and imagery which enhances visual quality, helping to shape the look of the game and informing the title’s production design. From environments, props, to characters and UI; you will help envision what the finished results for the title should be.
What you will do:
• Collaborate with Art Directors and leads to create high-quality character, environment, prop and UI concepts that define the look of the game in pre-production.
• Create concept art for use by production artist to create game content.
• Create thumbnails, sketches, model sheets and production paintings within a deadline.
• Ensure concept art is consistent with the defined visual style of the game
• Contribute original visual design ideas throughout pre-production.
• Create additional illustrated concepts for marketing and PR needs.
What we are looking for:
• At least 2 years of experience in the games industry as an artist.
• At least 5 years of experience as a concept artist
• Ability to quickly iterate concepts given input from the Art Director / Art Leads
• Portfolio showing a diverse range of exceptionally high-quality concept work and sketches.
• Professional attitude and ability to take constructive criticism
• Exceptional understanding of mood, lighting, and architecture with a keen eye towards form, shape, structure, and silhouette regarding illustration and design.
• Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to figure drawing and landscape painting.
• Ability to carry an idea from concept phase to finished illustration.
• Self-driven, good communicator and a great team-player.
To apply for this position please forward your CV using the ‘apply now’ link.
HRC Recruitment acts as both an employment business and an employment agency.