Senior Technical Artist
Volition is seeking an experienced and passionate problem-solver to fill the role of Senior Technical Artist. You will be working in a collaborative environment of artists, designers, and programmers, using industry-standard applications and one of the strongest Python-based tools frameworks in the industry.
You will have the opportunity to push the quality of content through the continued development of cutting-edge tools and pipelines for next-gen game development.
We are considering qualified applicants for a senior or principal technical artist position.
• Design and assist in developing tools and pipelines for Artists and Designers.
• Proactively seek out inefficiencies and problems in existing pipelines and identify potential solutions.
• Improve and enhance tools/processes for real-time cinematics, characters and animation, throughout the project cycle.
• Assist programmers and designers in researching and developing new tools game features.
• Fluent knowledge of at least one major 3D software package (3ds Max, Maya).
• Must be able to work comfortably with common scripting languages, such as Python.
• Experience developing tools for real-time cinematics, characters, and animations.
• Demonstrated initiative and strong problem-solving skills.
• 4+ years of experience in the game industry or equivalent.
• Samples, demonstrations or documentation of tools pipelines developed to overcome past challenges.
• Encouraged but not required: Art portfolio demonstrating proficiency and talent with both CG and traditional art skills.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and work samples to email@example.com with “Senior Technical Artist” in the subject line.