Senior Python Tools Programmer
Volition is seeking an experienced and passionate problem-solver to fill the role of Senior Python Tools Programmer. You will be working in a collaborative environment of artists, designers, and programmers, using industry-standard applications and one of the strongest Python-based tools frameworks in the industry.
You will have the opportunity to push the quality of content through the continued development of cutting-edge tools and pipelines for next-gen game development.
We are considering qualified applicants for a senior or principal tools programmer position.
• Design and assist in developing tools and pipelines for Artists and Designers.
• Proactively seek out inefficiencies and problems in existing pipelines and identify potential solutions.
• Improve and enhance tools/processes for real-time cinematics, characters and animation, throughout the project cycle.
• Assist artists, programmers and designers in researching and developing new tools game features.
• Experience developing tools and content pipelines using Python.
• Demonstrated initiative and strong problem-solving skills.
• 4+ years of experience in the game industry or equivalent.
• Experience creating and integrating tools in major content-creation software packages (3ds Max, Photoshop, Substance, Maya, MotionBuilder, Houdini, etc).
• Experience developing tools for popular game engines (Unreal, Unity).
• Experience with tools and pipelines for real-time cinematics, characters, and animations.
• Code samples, demonstrations or documentation of tools pipelines developed to overcome specific challenges or increase efficiency.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Python Tools Programmer” in the subject line.