HRC Recruitment is currently working alongside a Game Studio based in Dundee who is looking to expand their team by hiring a Lead Artist.
The Lead artist will have significant experience leading, mentoring and nurturing a multi-discipline art team, to define and track the schedule for the team. They will be a key player in the artistic style of the project and will collaborate with the production team.
What you will do:
- Responsible for delivering all aspects of art production.
- Review and deliver work in accordance with the project’s artistic direction and deadlines.
- Collaborate, define and push the visual style of the game.
- Review and implement contemporary workflows and processes, ensuring art is produced in the most efficient manner.
- Balancing art quality, performance, and time.
- Required to push the visual quality and standards to the highest level.
- Take a key role in defining art style.
- Expected to pitch in to fill the gaps in the art production pipeline.
- Identify risks within the schedule and suggest changes.
- Supervise all the various art disciplines.
- Help manage outsourced art specialists.
What we are looking for:
- At least 4 years of experience in the games industry as an artist.
- At least 2 years of experience in the games industry as an art lead.
- Must have an exceptional artistic ability.
- Expert knowledge of 3D pipelines and asset management.
- Must have shipped at least one title in a Lead Artist role or similar.
- Bachelor’s degree in any art-based subject or any other relevant training.
- Good overall broad knowledge of all elements of game art production, such as modelling, texturing, animation, lighting and post-processing.
- Demonstrable experience of leading and developing other artists.
- Ability to communicate effectively in across the team.
- Exceptional leadership, team and time management skills.
- Comprehensive communication and planning skills.
To apply for this position please forward your CV using the ‘apply online’ link.
HRC Recruitment acts as both an employment business and an employment agency.