• Well known studio opened in 2014 - successful recent title published & new project green lit
• 35+ staff & expanding extra 21 staff
• F2P mobile games with monetization
• Visa sponsorship & relocation provided for most senior candidates (5yrs+ games)
* Great climate year round, short drive to Gold Coast & Sunshine Coast beaches
Take responsibility for the creation of dynamic real-time visual effects.
Working with our Engineering, Art and Design teams, you will improve the functionality and performance of the studio's visual effects pipeline. You will also assist the game teams in implementing one off and reusable visual effects.
• Be a bridge between artists and programmers.
• Work closely with the team leads, producers, and art director.
• Act as a technical advisor - inform teams of foreseeable issues and technical limitations as relevant to art direction
• Research and prototype rendering techniques for chosen art direction
• Find creative solutions to realize artistic visions within the technical limits of the target platforms.
• Design, build, and maintain art content pipelines.
• Develop scripts and tools for artists to optimize their workflow.
• Mentor artists in the chosen methods and tools of production.
• Work on a wide range of games, with a variety of technologies and game engines.
• Understanding and experience of mobile device limitations and challenges.
• Knowledge of games engines and how they work internally.
• Expertise in 3D graphics and excellent knowledge of the 3D production pipeline.
• Understanding of basic maths/physics
• Proficiency in 3DSMax, Maya and Photoshop.
• Excellent knowledge of rigging in 3DSMax.
• Practical 2D and 3D animation experience
• Proficient with the following: MaxScript, Python, C#
• Experience with rapid development toolsets a plus (eg. Procedural texturing)
• Knowledge of compression tricks and techniques
• Cross discipline code/art/design work experience
• Render pipeline programming experience
For more information or to apply please contact me anytime.
Conkerberry Recruitment for Games Sydney Australia.
+61 427 690 971