Position at Hardlight
Role Overview - Data Engineer - Analytics Pipeline
As Data Engineer you will be developing and maintaining our analytics data pipeline, ensuring data health and performance. Robust analytics data is essential to our insight into the performance of our games and critical to implementing new and cutting-edge features. You will be expected to adhere to, and actively encourage, good engineering practices and company tech standards.
Essential Skills & Experience
Strong engineering skills are essential. You have a high level experience of building complex systems, and a passion for learning new languages and technologies. Always looking for ways to further your knowledge and expertise - no challenge is too small, too big, or too difficult for you.
You are a good communicator and help inform and support the non-engineering members of the development team. You care about the development process and improve it at every opportunity.
- Experience of developing & deploying scalable services and APIs for data ingestion, data storage and data processing
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases, including database migrations & schema design (Nice to have, not essential )
- Experience with data warehousing and database optimization
- DevOps experience, continuous integration & server configuration
- Some knowledge of current big data technologies and cloud-based storage & computing
- A drive to produce effective, well-documented, maintainable solutions
- Great communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Why work at HARDlight?
- Industry leading competitive salary & benefits. Including (but not limited to), Family Healthcare, pension
- Flexible working hours
- Season ticket loan for Rail travel
- Generous developer Bonus scheme
- Free breakfast and fruit
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team developing innovative titles with a huge SEGA back catalogue
- Based in the heart of England in stunning historic Royal Leamington Spa, with great connections to London and Birmingham