About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for a talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
As a Gameplay Animation Programmer at Splash Damage, you will be responsible for implementing new and exciting game features with a specific focus on animation integration, playback and fidelity. You will be an integral part of the Gameplay programming team and will interact with the Animation and Design teams on a daily basis, helping them to realise their ambitions through rapid prototyping and iterative agile development. In this role, you will not only use your technical expertise but also your understanding of aesthetic requirements to help games achieve fluid, AAA-looking animations.
You excel at:
- Work with an interdisciplinary agile team of animators, designers, and programmers to design, prototype, and implement new gameplay features with focus on animations
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
- Maintain and extend existing animation components, tools, pipelines and workflows
- Take active part in design and development of new features
- Be up to date with recent developments and upcoming techniques in the field of character animation
- Significant professional game development experience
- At least one shipped title
- Experienced and proficient in C++
- Experience solving animation and character related problems within game development
- Solid understanding of a state-of-the-art animation engine internals
- Ability to write clear, maintainable and portable code
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Math background
- Professional experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Low level Animation system development
- Experience with multiplayer programming
- Multiplatform and Console development experience
- Experience with multi-threaded development
- Have a passion to create new game related features