Tt Games are currently looking to recruit a HR & Payroll Assistant to join the HR team on a 6-9 month fixed term contract to cover maternity leave. This position will be based at our Knutsford studio with regular travel to Wilmslow.
As part of a small team, this role is responsible for providing proactive, generalist HR administration and employee support across the entire employment cycle. Liaising with our payroll and benefits teams and dealing directly with employees for all queries related to terms and conditions of employment and benefits, this a high volume administrative workload, coupled with full first point of contact responsibility for c.700 employees.
Essential Job Functions :
- Ensures the monthly payroll submission and all related administration is completed on time and to exceptionally high standards of accuracy, generating a spreadsheet and full audit trail for approx. 1,000 lines of data per month.
- Deals directly with employees, providing a first point of contact for all admin and benefits queries and ensures issues are followed up and resolved appropriately.
- Manages all new starter paperwork including: generating and issuing full offer packs, including letters, contracts of employment and enclosures, ensuring a full audit trail is in place for each hire; checking and ensuring records are kept of all right to work documentation, highlighting any issues; requesting, chasing and reviewing references, escalating any issues; sending weekly starters, leavers and fixed term extension emails to the business; updating internal IT systems to ensure new joiners are productive from day one.
- Promptly and accurately processing leavers, generating leavers letters, arranging and conducting exit interviews, pursuing overpayments.
- Accurate and proactive ownership of employee data in all formats including paper files; Workday records; spreadsheets; online systems (time and attendance). Updating, archiving and reporting on employee data.
- Manages the full compliance process including logging and chasing the return of policy declarations, reviewing the health and safety compulsory training attendances and escalating any issues.
- Generates all changes to terms, letters and system updates, including changes to terms and conditions of employment, flexible working, leaves of absence and so on.
- Escalating to the HR Advisor and/or HR Director any employee relations matters, data discrepancies or potential concerns you become aware of in the role.
- Assisting the wider HR team with coordination of cyclical HR projects such as salary reviews.
- Proactively identifying areas of improvement within the administration processes.
- Presents new starters inductions as needed.
- Liaising with external service partners to ensure the processing of correct employee data, communicating any changes to this data within agreed time scales and ensuring the prompt payment of invoices. Raising and escalating concerns as appropriate.
- Processing benefit information and applications promptly; working with the UK benefits team to ensure the submission of all appropriate forms, accurate recording of employee data and timely checking of monthly benefit reports.
- Keep track of all fixed term contractor end dates, ensuring timely processing of extensions or termination.
- Administer the probationary period process, creating confirmation letters and where necessary, extensions. Follow up with line mangers during the employee's probationary period and advise managers on timing and the review process. Escalating issues to the HR Advisor and/or HR Director as appropriate.
- Keep a track of employees' entitlement to company sick pay and inform payroll of anyone who has exhausted sick pay and should be put on statutory sick pay. Ensure employees are sent prompt communication regarding the expiration of company or statutory sick pay prior to this occurring.
- Set up and maintain intranet records for all employees, closing records when people leave the business.
- Compile headcount, absence and attendance data; manage the online hours and overtime process.
- Providing support to the Recruiter with the administration and coordination of the recruitment process
Relevant Previous Work Experience
- Proven experience of working in an administrative role.
- Can quickly gain a full working knowledge of our HR policies, benefits and procedures, including business practices such as time and attendance, in order to advise employees appropriately with queries.
- Previous HR admin and payroll experience within a busy HR environment desirable.
- Experience working with HRIS such as Workday preferable.
- Proactive approach and demonstrable experience of implementing or improving administration processes.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident communication with all levels of staff within the Company.
- Numerical skills and analytical with the ability to analyse data and propose actions.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and follow-up skills.
- Ability to prioritise and manage time well is essential.
- Thrives in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Calm and flexible in approach to workload.
- Professional, diplomatic and appreciates the highly confidential nature of the workload.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work; willing to learn and get involved with duties outside of day to day job description.
- Ability to take initiative using own discretion and skills and work with limited supervision in a pressured environment.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Vicky MacMillan, Recruiter at email@example.com