FIRESPRITE IS AN EXPANDING VIDEO GAME DEVELOPMENT STUDIO BASED IN THE HEART OF LIVERPOOL CITY CENTRE. WE HAVE COLLABORATED WITH PLAYSTATION JAPAN STUDIO ON THE PLAYROOM & PLAYROOM VR FOR PLAYSTATION 4, FOR WHICH WE DEVELOPED THE VISUAL STYLE. WE ALSO CREATED THE MULTI-MILLION DOWNLOADED TITLE 'RUN SACKBOY! RUN!' FOR PLAYSTATION FOR IOS, ANDROID, AND PLAYSTATION VITA. WE ARE CURRENTLY BEAVERING AWAY ON SOME FABULOUS NEW GAMES FOR PLAYSTATION 4 AND ALL MAJOR GAMING PLATFORMS.
SO IF YOU LOVE THE IDEA OF WORKING IN A HIGHLY CREATIVE, VIBRANT ATMOSPHERE WITH THE OPPORTUNITY TO CONTRIBUTE TO DAILY DEVELOPMENT DECISIONS and working ALONGSIDE one of our talented teams at FIRESPRITE, WE ARE CURRENTLY HIRING FOR An experienceD development manager.
About the role
Working alongside the Game Director and one of the talented teams at Firesprite, your role will be to deliver our AAA games on time, and on budget.
- Responsible for Milestone Delivery
- Create and maintain detailed full production plans
- Account and track feature change throughout production
- Schedule tracking and working with the team to achieve milestone delivery
- Regular benchmark reporting again baseline schedule to team, stakeholders and management
- Managing delivery from initial concepts through to publication
- Performing risk analysis, and mitigating all project risks
- Weekly progress reporting to Development Director
- Working with any 3rd party developers or publishers to meet the business needs of Firesprite, maintaining good relationships with both
- Co-ordinating external projects when required
- Running daily stand-up meetings
- Ensure a good working environment and atmosphere
- Dealing with inter personnel relationships on a project to ensure the smooth running of that project
- Organise project post mortems and deliver final report
Experience and skills:
- Thorough understanding development processes, from concept through to final publishing
- Shipped at least 3 games as a Development Manager
- Advanced knowledge of project management software, including Hansoft and MS Project
- Positive, problem solving attitude
- Outgoing personality
Salary and location
Salary is negotiable depending upon experience and proven track record.
This job is based right in the heart of Liverpool City Centre, Merseyside
The position involves working a minimum of 37.5 hours per week in our office
You must have the full right to work within the UK