Our vision is to be on everyone's home screen. We want to establish market leadership in story-driven casual games and create joyful everyday experiences for our players.
As a Lead Writer , you will lead a team of writers in shaping and executing the narrative vision for a new story-driven casual game, set in a rich, original world. You are a skilled writer & storyteller who understands how to structure stories using all of the tools video games provide. You can put on your "player hat" to understand how game pacing affects narrative and balance player freedom with an optimal story experience.
You know how to build worlds with broad storytelling potential, and can bring memorable characters to life in concise, clear, characterful dialogue. You understand that great stories are not driven solely by plot but by characters and themes. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Worldbuilding & IP Creation
- Owning the narrative vision for a game from concept to execution
- Leading, mentoring, & championing your team of writers
- Branching dialogue writing
- Content design, scripting, & documentation
- Collaboration with writers, narrative designers & artists on story development
- Story documentation
- Working with marketing to identify the audience and expand the brand
- Several years experience as a professional writer
- Knowledge of a wide range of fiction genres required
- Urban fantasy, historical fiction, & young adult fiction a plus
- Native English skills required
Nice to have
- Shipped titles in a lead writing role preferred
- Experience writing video games, especially branching narrative, preferred
- Experience working in a writer's room preferred
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample.
Read more about Storytelling at Wooga here.
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts working on crafting the world's best games!
- Excite millions of players around the world every day through our games!
- Work just minutes from the center of Europe's most vibrant city, have a nap in one of our sleeping pods or brush up your console games skills - enjoy our unique office space !
- Extensive relocation support to make your and your loved ones' move to Berlin as smooth as possible!
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meetups, talks, brown bag lunches, world cafe's, internal trainings, workshops and many others!
- Did you know that German Is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other!
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We got your back!
- As much coffee, drinks, and fruits as you can handle!
- Cool Wooga swag! ;)
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences.