Characters Concept Artist
- Québec City, QC, Canada
Ubisoft Québec is a leader in the video game industry and is located in the heart of Quebec City’s Saint-Roch neighbourhood. Involved in many of Ubisoft’s flagship franchises, the studio gained a strong expertise, leading to its implication in the development of AAA games. The 475 talented people are united by the desire of pushing boundaries, building high quality worlds and creating memorable gaming experiences.
The concept artist will develop the 2D elements that will constitute the graphic representations of ideas, provide inspiration and become references for the graphic design production team.
* Sketch, draw and design art concepts for game design documents to make the vision of the graphic design AD more tangible;
* Create characters to provide practical content that direct and indirect groups can capitalize on;
* Produce sketches to help the AD show the preliminary project intentions;
* State ideas based on direction and the advancement of the project with screenshot paint overs and retakes of existing illustrations;
* Make any necessary changes to ensure that the work is in keeping with the artistic vision;
* Convey the colour pallets sought by AD by using it in concepts;
* Iterate on selected sketches by adding more detail;
* Account for technical constraints and limitations to suggest realistic concepts;
* Carry out all other related tasks.
College diploma in fine arts or equivalent.
Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in characters illustration or other relevant experience.
Skills and Knowledge
* Observation skills;
* Ability to accept feedback and adapt to change;
* Listening skills;
* Knowledge of 3D software;
* Architectural knowledge;
* Anatomical knowledge;
* Knowledge of image composition.