Lead QA Tester
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Lead Quality Assurance Tester
We’re looking for a passionate and proficient Quality Assurance Lead Tester to help grow our QA Department. As a Lead, you will join a team of talented testers and deliver high quality AAA products to spec and on time. We’re looking for someone with great oral and written communication skills with an ability to organize and manage time efficiently in order to help ensure the success of our teams. Quality Assurance Lead Testers oversee high-intensity projects from concept to submission and are critical to our development process. Come join us and help raise our quality bar even higher!
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Manage multiple teams of testers, including but not limited to training, setting goals, assigning high-level tasks, providing regular feedback and mentorship, and monitoring performance.
• Actively develop and revise project test plan(s).
• Innovate and implement testing procedures.
• Track and address project risks, action items, and milestones.
• Report out project status to the rest of the studio.
• Collaborate with multiple interdisciplinary teams, departments, and studio partners.
• At least 3 years of industry experience
• 2 years of QA leadership experience is preferred
• A clear passion for the Quality Assurance discipline
• A determination to raise the quality bar for our products
• Knowledge of industry practices and software, including but not limited to Agile and Waterfall methodologies, Scrum, MS Office, Task Tracking Software, etc., is preferred
• Available for 40 hours per week with the possibility of OT as needed
Located in Albany, NY, VV has brought their expertise to global franchises such as Skylanders and Guitar Hero for over 25 years, creating new entries in each series infused with the studio’s signature quality and forward-thinking approach to design. In 2017, VV released the Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Triology, a rebuild of the classic games with gorgeous, all-new graphics, met with universal praise from fans and critics alike. Currently, the studio is spearheading the PC version of Destiny 2 (winner of ‘Best PC Game’ at E3 2017) and bringing their passion and talent to new stories and content within the world of Destiny.
Lovingly referred to as the VV Family, the team is composed of a diverse set of highly talented men and women who bring their personal expertise, creativity, and drive to every facet of the games and technology we create. The VV philosophy of combining cutting-edge tech with creative innovation is brought to life through our family, who embody our values and soul in their work and play. We thrive on a culture of collaboration, respect, and fun; we have built a welcoming and relaxed workplace that invites creativity and encourages individual voices.