Game Designer GAMEP01069
Vancouver, BC, CAN
Calling all Gameplay Designers! Kabam designers are focused on making incredible experiences for hundreds of millions of players.We are looking for designers who are passionate about offering players amazing gameplay experience. Working with some of the best IPs in the business in a studio that values intentional design thinking.
As a Gameplay Designer, you’re excited by working cross-functionally and partnering closely with Engineers, Designers and many others on a new project.
We don’t design games, we play them and love them, and are fans of the IP’s we work on.
As a Gameplay Designer, you will:
- Create a lean set of accessible mechanics that, as a system, allow years of discovery and engagement
- Design, implement, and balance action game mechanics to create engaging and satisfying combat dynamics
- Create intuitive and responsive interfaces (controls and camera systems) to strongly connect the player to the action
- Collaborate with animators, FX artists, UI and audio designers to create content and audiovisual feedback that makes players feel heroic
- Provide input on the game’s vision and help champion that vision to other team members
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
Your background includes:
- Experience in gameplay design on at least one shipped title, preferably a free-to-play mobile game
- Intellectual curiosity and logical thinking
- Rock-solid organizational and project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Bonus if you have raw technical skills including:
- Scripting experience
- Strong math skills
- Spreadsheet wizardry
- A hunger for new, different and exciting design challenges
Interested? Tell us what you’re looking for - in your application, tell what games have influenced you?
Apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of massively multiplayer games for mobile devices. Console quality graphics and next generation technology are the hallmark of Kabam games. Kabam merges the art of game design and the science of consumer behaviour to create immersive games enjoyed by players around the world. Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Marvel Contest of Champions and Transformers: Forged to Fight and won several awards including Apple Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year. Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.