More information about this job
Home to the iconic massive multiplayer online role-playing game RuneScape and its extended family of adventurous titles, we’re a leading games studio that places our players at the heart of everything we do.
We’ve welcomed over 250 million players to RuneScape’s world of enthralling fantasy and, together with our team of passionate game creators, our community helps to shape how our games evolve.
From casting votes on future game content, to interacting with the studio teams in live streams and in chat, we also join together in person at our celebrated fan convention, RuneFest.
Together with our players, we’re united as one Jagex tribe. Together we’re building deep and engaging multiplayer gaming experiences for players everywhere.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
Jagex Games Studio is looking for a talented QA Analyst to join our team in Cambridge, UK on the award-winning RuneScape team. You will benefit from working in a highly talented team with QA veterans of over 10 years, and be part of a growing business which has rewarding opportunities. The role offers an excellent learning environment which is complimented by a competitive salary on a permanent contract.
You should have a methodical and artistic approach to viewing games. While embedded within the development team you will directly impact content design by giving qualitative feedback on game mechanics and balancing with the aim to push out the best possible content to millions of our players world-wide.
Jagex QA Analysts should be motivated and passionate gamers with a high attention to detail. Although knowing RuneScape isn’t a requirement, the individual should still be highly capable of picking up the game and its mechanics quickly and will be expected to actively play. The ideal candidate should have at least 1 year of testing experience as a QA Analyst, however applicants without this experience that make an excellent impression could still be considered for a Junior QA Analyst role.
As part of your role, you will:
- Create and execute customised test cases
- Investigate and submit bug reports sent by our players
- Communicate with players through forums and social media channels
- Report defects you identify, to an exceptional standard, using JIRA
- Test content to ensure it is bug free and stable for weekly releases
- Analyse content and give objective feedback in verbal and written form
- Participate in weekly department playtests with the rest of the RuneScape QA Team
- Work in a SCRUM team made up of talented multi-disciplined developers and artists
- Work in a fast paced environment as part of a team to deliver high quality releases
WHAT WE NEED
- Ability to learn rapidly and eager to take on new challenges
- A very strong communicator with excellent attention to detail
- Highly organised and enthusiastic with a strong work ethic
- Capable of working to an excellent standard in a high pressured environment
- An individual that owns their mistakes so that they and others can learn
- An honest, confident and vocal individual that speaks up and suggests improvements
- An individual that meets deadlines and delivers projects on time to an excellent standard
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of testing methodologies and AGILE development
- Ability to effectively perform destructive and exploratory testing without testcase guidance
- Passionate about Quality Assurance and eager to progress further in your career
EVEN BETTER IF
- You have experience with JIRA and Perforce
- Basic knowledge in Java, C++ or PHP
- Previous testing experience on MMO’s
- A computing or games related degree
- Previous experience testing on Mobile and/or VR
- Basic or advanced knowledge of RuneScape Design, through direct game experience
WHAT WE OFFER
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.