QA Analyst OS
Old School RuneScape QA
More information about this job
Home to the iconic massive multiplayer online role-playing game RuneScape and it's nostalgic counterpart, Old School, we’re a leading games studio that places our players at the heart of everything we do.
We’ve welcomed over 250 million players to RuneScape’s world of enthralling fantasy and, together with our team of passionate game creators, our community helps to shape how our games evolve.
From casting votes on future game content, to interacting with the studio teams in live streams and in chat, we also join together in person at our celebrated fan convention, RuneFest.
Together with our players, we’re united as one Jagex tribe. Together we’re building deep and engaging multiplayer gaming experiences for players everywhere.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
Jagex is looking for a motivated QA Analyst to join the Old School Runescape team.
While embedded within the development team you will be testing content and giving qualitative feedback on game mechanics, design and balancing with the aim to push out the best possible content.
As QA Analyst, you will:
- Create and execute customised test cases
- Investigate and submit bug reports sent by our players
- Communicate with players through forums and social media channels
- Report defects you identify, to a good standard, using JIRA
- Test content to ensure it is bug free and stable for weekly releases
- Analyse content and give objective feedback in verbal and written form
- Work in a SCRUM team made up of talented multi-disciplined individuals
- Work in a fast paced environment as part of a team to deliver high quality releases
- Lead projects within your Scrum team under supervision, receiving guidance from Senior/Leads
WHAT WE NEED
- An ability to learn rapidly and eager to take on new challenges
- A very strong communicator with excellent attention to detail
- A highly organised and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic
- Capable of working to an excellent standard in a high pressured environment
- An individual that owns their mistakes so that they and others can learn
- An honest, confident and vocal individual that speaks up and suggests improvements
- An individual that meets deadlines and delivers projects on time to an excellent standard
- An ability to demonstrate an understanding of testing methodologies and AGILE development
- An ability to effectively perform destructive and exploratory testing without testcase guidance
- Passionate about Quality Assurance and eager to progress further in your career
- A deep understanding of Old School Runescape and it's community
WHAT WE OFFER
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.