Head of Community Management
More information about this job
Home to the iconic massive multiplayer online role-playing game RuneScape and its extended family of adventurous titles, we’re a leading games studio that places our players at the heart of everything we do.
We’ve welcomed over 250 million players to RuneScape’s world of enthralling fantasy and, together with our team of passionate game creators, our community helps to shape how our games evolve.
From casting votes on future game content, to interacting with the studio teams in live streams and in chat, we also join together in person at our celebrated fan convention, RuneFest.
Together with our players, we’re united as one Jagex tribe. Together we’re building deep and engaging multiplayer gaming experiences for players everywhere.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Community Management to work across Jagex's entire portfolio! The Head of Community Management will be the vision holder for our focus on player experience and will lead Jagex’s Player Obsessed values.
You will act as a champion for our player communities – driving the direction of the products, and game development. You will be the voice of the player in Jagex’s leadership group, involved in decisions at all levels of the studio.
You will lead a team of Community Managers across multiple products and platforms. You will provide strategic direction and guidance to the team, working to support and develop multiple direct reports.
You will be cool, calm, and collected – capitalising on community high points, and mitigating sentiment lows. You will be responsible for our customer engagement, player experience, and community-driven development strategies. The role will be a central figure across all of Jagex's titles, making sure we are communicating effectively and in the right tone at all times.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Product Management with the freedom to shape the way you and your team work, you'll be taking on ambitious new projects and initiatives, championing our Player Obsessed values, and driving the studio to be the home of Living Games.
As part of your role, you will:
- Act as the champion of the player, representing and communicating for the studio to our players, and for the players to the studio
- Provide strategic direction for the Community Management department across multiple products and platforms.
- Lead and manage an industry leading team of Community Managers and subject matter experts.
- Act as a brand evangelist, maintaining a deep understanding of game content, and publishing activities in order to promote it to our player communities.
- Liaise with the product team, taking an active role in steering development of game content and publishing activities, and acting as a customer stakeholder in decisions.
- Own community sentiment as an organisational KPI, working to maximise positive sentiment and mitigate negative sentiment.
- Lead our customer engagement efforts across all of Jagex's products.
WHAT WE NEED
- Extensive years of experience in Community Management.
- Experience with leading high performing teams/departments.
- A love for gaming, with experience playing MMOs.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- A willingness and ability to choose, prioritise, and manage your own workload and projects.
- Great presentation skills.
- Understanding of the gaming industry, as well as game development practices and processes.
EVER BETTER IF
- You have experience managing communities in “live games”.
- A good knowledge of the RuneScape franchise and the MMORPG market.
- An interest in guilds, clans, and/or competitive gaming.
- Experience managing player behaviour in online games.
- Experience working across multiple products within a single studio.
WHAT WE OFFER
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.