<h2>About Splash Damage</h2>
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
At Splash Damage, we create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships.
Lead UI Programmers establish, drive and own the technical design and implementation of the user interface.
They create project roadmaps for UI code and plan sprints for their team, effectively prioritising work to make ideal use of each team member's skills. Drawing upon their experience in UI development they will share knowledge with their team to create performant and robust data-driven interfaces that respect the core technical pillars of a project. They work closely with other disciplines to realise their ideas through iterative agile UI development and are not afraid to dive into hands-on work when necessary.
We trust our Lead UI Programmers with a large degree of autonomy throughout the development cycle, and they put the needs of their team over their own. They are capable leaders who can keep their team of designers motivated, providing effective direction, feedback, and opportunities for growth along the way. They regularly work with the title's leadership team to solve project-level issues and represent their discipline effectively both internally as well as to external partners.
- Strong leadership skills, an enthusiastic attitude and team-first mentality; you give effective direction and feedback to your team, and can nurture professional growth in your team.
- Proven technical UI leadership experience; you've set a clear technical direction, intent and best practices for at least one commercial project and led a UI team from concepting through to ship and support.
- Experience setting up pipelines and project documentation; you can see the big picture and you know what's needed to align your team to be able to deliver to the standard required.
- Expert knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Practical UI implementation knowledge; you have worked with UI Design teams to overcome technical limitations, you can break down UI designs into core components with reusability and engineering patterns in mind.
- Proven time management and organisational skills; you can plan your project at both roadmap and sprint-level and know how to prioritise your team's work for maximum impact.
- Comfortable working autonomously; you can get the job done without close supervision and make smart decisions with the information at hand.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; you're able to present ideas clearly and confidently to audiences of all experience levels.
- A real passion for games UI and clear enthusiasm for playing games
<h2>Even better if you have:</h2>
- Previous experience as a Lead role in game development.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and Unreal Motion Graphics (UMG)
- Experience with accommodating a variety of player accessibility needs.
- Multi-platform and console development experience.
- Experience with localisation pipelines.
- Demonstrable appreciation of usability conventions in relation to UI.
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator.