Purpose of the role
Frontier is seeking a PR Manager to join our growing team. The role of the PR Manager encompasses the promotion of Frontier's products and developing a deeper engagement with our customers and the media. The Associate PR Manager will write press releases, ensure consistent communication of company and product messages, generate coverage and commentary, plan and execute campaigns and events, and work with Frontier's Publishing team on broad strategic goals. This position is an internal role at Frontier's Cambridge studio, working alongside the studio PR Manager and reporting to Frontier's Head of Communications.
You'll be joining during an exciting period of growth at Frontier and as part of our Publishing team your work will help ensure the continued success of our current games and the future success of new titles such as the recently announced Jurassic World Evolution, set for release during summer 2018.
- Build and maintain relationships with global media outlets and key influencers
- Write and edit press releases, fact sheets, FAQs, planning documents and other PR materials
- Assist in the creation, planning and execution of PR campaigns and events around Frontier and its titles
- Coordinate with international PR agencies and work with Frontier's PR Manager to align PR direction and execute on planning
- Work with the Publishing team to develop broad strategies for increasing engagement and conversation
- Use analytical tools to analyse and measure all activities to improve effectiveness and response. Set KPIs and develop plans accordingly
- Work with community and content teams to develop communication plan.
- Weekly and monthly reporting and measurement
- Attend and manage global events (E3, Gamescom, Frontier Expo, etc)
- A deep understanding of the computer and videogames market, and the specialist and non-specialist media market
- Knowledge of Frontier's titles and history, especially Elite Dangerous and Planet Coaster
- Strong relationships with key international specialist and non-specialist media outlets
- Very strong writing, editing, presentation and communication skills.
- Good knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing methods and channels
- Collaborative and thrives in a team environment.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience working in a similar PR role or a related role connected to the games industry.
- Degree qualified
- CIPR qualified or working towards.