Technical Writer for Game Platform
We are looking for an experienced technical writer to join our teams working with the Game Platform products in Stockholm.
Your role within our Kingdom
You will be part of a core technology team which develops the Software Development Kit (SDK) that powers all the King games, running on more than 200 million devices. Our mission is to let the game teams focus on creating the game, by providing them with ready-to-use components with services like social networking, in-app purchases, game state persistence, and communicating with our backend systems.
You will be an addition to our technical writer team of two. This team plans, develops, delivers, and maintains high-quality documentation for our products and services, including user guides and release notes for Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and SDKs.
You will also work on the information design and usability of our documentation to help enforce a uniform company writing style, common layouts, and templates. Currently we write and host our documentation on Confluence.
Your Job Will Involve
* Developing and delivering great documentation within agreed deadlines.
* Turning potentially complex concepts into easy-to-understand documentation by interviewing developers, and using drafts and notes provided by the developers as input.
* Gaining knowledge of our products and services.
* Gaining knowledge of the audience to make sure the documentation meets their needs.
* Working in an agile team environment.
* Prioritizing and planning the documentation work together with our technical writers, while understanding the impact of your decisions and gathering input from developers and producers.
* Continuously refining how we author, publish, maintain, and deliver technical documentation.
* Being an advocate for how to create great documentation within the organization.
* Being involved in the technical writer guild at King.
* Occasionally developing course material and presentations.
Skills to create thrills
We are looking for someone who:
* Is a great communicator and thrives on making complex things clear.
* Works proactively in a social way by talking to people and finding things out.
* Has a vast experience in producing documentation in English for a technical audience.
* Finds it easy and natural to communicate with people, both in person and electronically.
* Has an outstanding ability to understand complex technical topics and articulate them clearly and simply.
* Pays attention to detail and accuracy.
* Uses their own initiative and motivation to meet deadlines, set priorities, and suggest improvements and new ideas.
* You have worked with software documentation before, like API and SDK documentation.
* You have written documentation in Markdown format.
* You are familiar with GIT.
* You have written code in the past.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.