Obsidian Entertainment is currently looking for an experienced Producer to join the development team making our next great multi-platform RPG.
The ideal candidate has been in a leadership position for the entire production cycle for at least one AAA game and is familiar with all aspects of game development. Candidates should demonstrate outstanding communication and organizational skills and must possess a strong understanding of development workflows, production processes, testing, contracting and outsourcing, licensing, and development project management.
This position involves working with dev team leaders and stakeholders from the internal development team and our publishing partners to create and maintain development schedules. Quickly identifying and solving short-term problems and resource bottlenecks, while simultaneously shepherding the project's critical features and content through an entire development cycle.
- Coordinate the work of cross-functional in-house development teams to manage features and content from idea to in-game implementation.
- Ensure features and content follow established documentation and development workflows.
- Manage the prioritization of tasks, bugs, design iteration, and tester feedback on a large cross-platform RPG.
- Anticipate and identify potential problems like resource bottlenecks, quality concerns, unanticipated scope changes and feature creep and communicating effectively to ensure these problems are resolved quickly.
- Three or more years production or development experience, including at least one shipped AAA title.
- Proven experience in scheduling and managing small to large development teams from concept and pitch to post-launch support.
- Ability to provide editorial guidance on all aspects of the game: art, design, playability, technology, audio, marketing, public relations, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills and a drive to keep team members working efficiently, effectively, and enthusiastically to meet project goals.
- Ability to write professional documentation and presentations for all aspects of product development, marketing, and release.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to address large groups of people and interact regularly with the press, publishing partners, and other industry professionals.
- Experience with public/press relations and marketing including scheduling, timing, asset creation, and delivery.
- Experience and understanding of localization requirements of different types of game assets for worldwide product releases.
- Experience working with internal and/or external quality assurance groups to ensure adequate testing for gameplay tuning, functional performance, and hardware compatibility.
- A strong passion for games and game development.
- Previous development experience on CRPGs.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence.
Please put the job you are applying to in the subject line.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept e-mailed applications.