Obsidian Entertainment is looking for talented, self-motivated Technical Artist to join our growing team of RPG developers.
The Technical Artist position requires a solid understanding of cutting-edge tools and pipelines for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One game development, including Unreal 4 and will work with the Art Director and production artists.
- Design and assist in developing tools and pipelines for Artists, Animators, and Designers.
- Proactively seek out inefficiencies and problems in existing pipelines and identify potential solutions.
- Improve and enhance tools/processes throughout the project cycle.
- Assist programmers and designers in researching and developing new game features.
- Assist in checking art content against technical and performance guidelines prior to integration in the game.
- Demonstrated skill as a technical artist in Unreal 4, with absolute knowledge of the Material Editor.
- High proficiency in major content creation packages for games development, including Maya and 3ds Max, Adobe Photoshop, Substance Painter, and Designer.
- 4-year degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent industry experience.
- 4+ years in the game industry with two shipped titles.
- Ability to build and manipulate efficient DirectX 11-based shaders.
- Ability to rapidly master proprietary tools and development pipelines.
- Ability to be resourceful and come up with creative solutions.
- Strong foundation in traditional art.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate between design, art, and programming.
- Strong organizational and mentoring skills.
- Passion for gaming.
- Excellent High and Low poly modeling skills.
- Experience with other game engines, like Frostbite, Unity, etc.
- Experience with Unreal's Blueprint.
- Be able to work comfortably with common scripting languages (MAX script, MEL script, Python, etc.).
- Demonstrate initiative and strong problem-solving skills.
- A web portfolio that demonstrates a range of high-quality 3D and 2D art.
- Samples, demonstrations or documentation of tools pipelines developed to overcome past challenges.
- Samples from previous industry work.
All resumes must be accompanied with website portfolio.
Please put the job you are applying to in the subject line.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept e-mailed applications.