Engineering Austin, Texas
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? How about more than one? Certain Affinity is an exclusive Austin studio comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced industry veterans committed to a solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing multiple AAA FPS products. In addition we are creating compelling new games of our own.
As a Tools Engineer at Certain Affinity, you will be responsible for supporting development of cutting-edge tools and gameplay systems for high-profile, AAA action game titles. You should be a capable engineer who can make things happen: someone with the desire and talent to help build the foundation of our blockbuster games!
If you have experience building tools, are eager to make an impact, motivated to support the needs of both development teams and external partners, and are open new challenges, CA would like to hear from you.
- Provide pipeline and tools support for content creators
- Implement tools and engine features to aid other developers
- Help evaluate and improve the development process
- Manage your own time by communicating task estimates and progress with other engineers and disciplines
- 3+ years of professional programming experience
- Proficient in C/C++/C#
- Experience developing custom applications for internal use
- Familiar with the core systems used by game features such as scripting, UI, rendering, animation, physics, and data pipelines
- Able to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
- Development experience in Unreal 4
- Experience working with and creating tools for game content pipelines
- Experience with web technologies (HTML, Python, etc…)
- Experience designing user friendly UI