Position at SEGA European Head Office
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD
REPORTING TO THE HEAD OF LIVE OPERATIONS & DEVELOPMENT
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our five world-class development studios spanning the UK, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, Amplitude Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based at our European HQ, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a talented team of Tech gurus, Sales extraordinaires, Marketing & PR wizards, QA champions and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy a jam-packed social calendar, super cool offices and top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Fitness buff? Get involved in our weekly boxing classes, or maybe even stretch the limbs with a game of ping pong. Foodie? Why not take advantage of Icecream Wednesdays or our fresh fruit every day? Need to find your zen? We've got you covered with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy (who doesn't love that?). But that's only the beginning - we have a gaming area complete with retro arcade games and consoles as well as all the latest stuff, a video games library and flexible working hours to ensure everyone gets to have a life outside of the office! We also hold regular lunch & learn sessions, product launch parties, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London and Summer and Christmas parties that you'll want to brag to your mates about! What's not to love?
Here at SEGA, we have a benefits package to rival the rest. This includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an extremely competitive contributory pension scheme.
As well as the best benefits, we offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that the team can stay motivated and focussed on making SEGA the best it can be.
We like to look after our people too with discounted gym membership, childcare vouchers, travel season ticket loans, a Ride to Work scheme and a flexible working environment which make us a great place to work.
And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our
to find out why we are a workplace you'll never want to leave!
SEGA is building customer facing and backend applications to take advantage of the latest advances in technology and streamline development. It's an exciting time for the team with its vision to integrate cutting edge and emerging technologies. The Java Developer will be a key member of the Technology team, coding and maintaining systems across on the company.
- Analyse, design, implement and test of enterprise-level applications/microservices using industry standard technologies in an Agile environment
- Support and enhance live systems
- Investigating integration of new and emerging technologies within the company
- Provide detailed documentation regarding developed services
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Java 8
- Spring Framework (Boot, Core, Web, MVC, OAuth2, AOP)
- TDD, BDD
- Agile, SCRUM, CI/CD
- Big Data (Apache Spark and Spark Streaming)
- RDBMS (MySQL, Redshift)
- AWS Serverless stack (Lambda, API Gateway, Swagger, YAML)
- Write code with scalability in mind
- Highly analytical mind and problem solving skills
- Keep abreast of technology trends
- Follow best practices
- Contribute with innovative ideas
- Ability to communicate confidently and professionally
- Extensive commercial development experience in a similar environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage own time and self-motivated
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with flexibility when required
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.