Flaming Fowl Studios is a new independent studio rising from the ashes of the renowned Lionhead Studios. We create games that feature deep and interesting strategic experiences with fascinating twists and always include a healthy dose of humour.
Our latest project is a strategic, turn-based, fantasy RPG based on an existing IP and we are looking for a UI Artist to help us create this exciting game. Although the team is based in Surrey and Hampshire, we operate remotely so we would encourage applications from all over.
If you are fed up commuting and want to define your own hours then this is great chance to become a core member of a growing studio but with all the flexibility of working from anywhere in the world.
Your duties will include:
- Design consistent UI style that complements the established IP
- Create layouts for all Front End and in-game GUI screens
- Create high quality, efficient game-ready GUI assets
- Collaborate remotely with relevant team members to implement in-game functionality
- Present, review and discuss work online
- Implement feedback from Lead and Directors
- A relevant degree and/or an outstanding portfolio/demo that showcases their ability
- Strong graphic design skills, including layouts, icon design, typography, effective use of colour and composition, and evidence of stylistic versatility
- A true passion for video games and the desire to create high-quality experiences
- Highly motivated with a proactive attitude and the ability to work in a team
- Excellent understanding of GUI flow and how it affects user experience
- Experience of working in Unity
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop or equivalents
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently and to a high standard
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Traditional 2D art/illustration skills
- Experience in/knowledge of an industry standard 3D package- Max, Maya, etc.
- Experience of Unity UI tools
- Experience in Adobe Premiere, AfterFX or equivalent