Trainer/Lecturer - C++ Game Development m/f (600 EUR Daily Rate Contract, Vienna Area, Austria)
The Haufe Akademie is one of the leading institutes for professional development in the German-speaking countries. The training offered by the Haufe Akademie is geared towards the qualification requirements of companies of all sectors and sizes.
For a new game engineering centric program based in greater Vienna, Austria, we are looking for an industry experienced technical trainer to teach and mentor a small group of junior developers.
- Provide expertise to support the development of the curriculum and teaching materials
- Deliver the curriculum using innovative teaching methods and materials based on actual game industry requirements
- Assess students’ capabilities and prior knowledge, develop their skills and provide regular feedback on learning progress
- Provide advice and guidance to students and facilitate further specialist support
- Supervise student projects and manage placements within game studios
- Analyze the effectiveness of teaching methods and their impact on student progress, including in response to feedback from stakeholders and participating game studios
- Senior C++ software engineering experience within the games industry using
OpenGL and SDL (or comparable abstraction layers)
- Demonstrated ability to manage, teach and mentor junior developers
- Strong understanding of object oriented design and game architecture
- Knowledge of multi-platform development philosophies and technologies
- Fluent English, both written and spoken
Any of the following is a plus
- Prior experience as a trainer or lecturer
- Worked as a technical lead or team manager
- German language skills
- Experience with casino game development
What we offer
- A stable, crunch-free environment on a highly autonomous assignment with a global gaming industry leader
- An initial 8 months contract term with the chance of further extension
- Live and work in the greater Vienna area. Vienna is a vibrant multicultural capital in the heart of Central Europe, regularly ranked among the best 3 cities in the world for quality of life.