We're seeking a talented and enthusiastic senior programmer to join our Simulation team, who research and develop the novel and cross platform Physics, A.I., Vehicle, I.K and Animation technologies that will power the next wave of TT adventures. This role offers a rare and exciting opportunity to work on a variety of system while also focusing on a particular discipline of interest.
We are ideally looking for a senior-level programmer, however we will consider applications from strong programmers and this will be a permanent position.
- Maintain and develop the vehicle, script, physics, AI and character animation systems.
- Maintain and develop the editor integration and Maya exporters for these systems.
- Quickly fix any crash bugs for the above systems.
- Provide technical support to other programming, art and animation teams.
- Provide solutions to technical problems within your areas of expertise.
- Minimise platform specific or special case code.
- Maximise re-use of code.
- Ensure that code is designed and written to be robust and stable with minimal bugs.
- Ensure that code builds and any problems are resolved prior to committing.
- Contributing to the ongoing development of tools-related technologies.
- Identify poorly coded / implemented systems and restructure existing code to make it more efficient.
- Debugging difficult problems.
- Support Lead Programmer in supplying cover where required.
- Assume responsibility for systems and be able to resolve problems when required.
- Identify deficiencies across systems maintained by the team.
- Assist Lead Programmer in designing architecture.
- Undertake relevant on-the-job training where required and keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies
- Provide coaching to Programmers and Junior Programmer where appropriate and with direction from the Lead Programmer.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A good degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or related subject.
- Demonstrably fluent in Object Oriented C++ with strong debugging and documentation skills.
- A passion for games and solving the technical problems they present.
- Strong maths skills (linear algebra, trigonometry, 3d geometry, quaternions).
- A highly motivated team-player with the ability to dive in, understand code and learn quickly.
- Knowledge and experience with either Vehicle simulation/ Physics engines / AI algorithms and middleware / Procedural Animation or IK systems.
To apply please email a covering letter and CV to Vicky MacMillan, Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org